Okay, today I'm participating in the Price My Space Party at Nesting Place.
Here's my living room. I wrote about it in two of my last three posts. It's not "done" yet (I don't think it ever will be, where's the fun once it's done?) but I'll price what I've done so far.
- Vintage Robert Furber Gardiner prints. Craigslist, $15 for all three. I've repainted the frames and mattes twice, but I'm still not sure about them. Post to come...
- Set of four butterfly plates, $5 at a flea market near my in-laws in Lebanon, PA.
- Window treatment, I posted about it here $25
- White Chinese Chippendale chairs, hand-me-downs from my mom (thanks, mom!) free!
- Little flip-top table between chairs, CL, $20
- Huge Karastan Rug, CL, $50
- Coffee Table, CL, $20. It's constantly covered in little fingerprints and I want to protect it so I'm thinking of making a removable upholstered top for it. Post to come...
- Sofa, CL, free! Homemade slipcover, $20 in fabric. Post Here
- Monogrammed blue/olive animal print bolster pillow- I bought a box of fabric scraps froma "real" designer on CL for $10. There were some awesome pieces in there, including the fabric for the bolsters, the little pillows on the chairs and lots more to come...I monogrammed the bolsters on my embroidery machine.
- Sofa, purchased on CL for $200. Posted about it here
- ??? I have no idea why I put two numbers on one sofa?
- Library table, CL, $40
- Pair of lamps. I bought these at Great Finds and Design, an awesome local furniture consignment store/design group (so they only consign great pieces) for $37 each. That included a shade, but I replaced it with these shades which I purchased at Target for $19 each. I think I got the shape right, but they're blending in with the wall, so I have plans for them, coming soon...
- Demilune table, CL, $50
- Little white lamp, CL, $5. I added the shade for $9 and trimmed it out.
This picture is awful, but for pricing purposed it'll do...
- Lamp, TJMaxx on clearance $29
- Wingchair, hand-me-down from my mom's friend (Thanks, Carol!) I slip covered it with this pretty fabric I got for $3/yard (My Joann's is huge and they frequently have 50% off the home dec clearance fabrics!). Post to come...
- Oh, this one might be my favorite. It's hard to see all the pretty details in this pic, but she has the prettiest fretwork, sigh. I got her for $100 on CL. I attempted to line the inside with wrapping paper and it did not work out so well. The sheen of the paper makes the color look much brighter than it is, and the sheen also makes every little bump and ripple show. I'm thinking I'll paint, wallpaper or line with fabric instead. Also, I think I have too much going on up top. What do you think? Post to come...
- Same Library Table as in #12 above.
That's it! Let's see, that comes to a grand total of (drumroll.....)
Woo-hoo! Most people spend more than that for one sofa!
Man, I love craigslist.