Sunday, November 22, 2009

Guest Bath Refresh


Six weeks?!! Seriously??!!! It's been six weeks since my last post? Ugh. If there's anyone left reading this blog, it's a Thanksgiving miracle. I could give you a litany of excuses, but wouldn't you rather I just got on with my post? Good.

In October I linked up to Amanda's Decorating Dilemmas party at Serenity Now and asked for advice on my guest bathroom. I particulary wanted input on a paint color. It was really helpful and I highly reccomend linking up to her next party (I think she does it monthly) if you have a decorating dilemma you're stuck on!

Here's the before:




And After:











After lots of deliberation, I wound up using the leftover paint from my kitchen on the upper part of the walls (free!) and I used some white trim paint I had (free again!) for the beadboard. I found the nest picture on clearance at TJ Maxx for $5 and splurged on the shower curtain that matches the towels ($24 at Target). I got the little lamp on CL for $5 months ago and it finally found a home! Oh, I also spray painted the existing brass/clear acrylic (um, can you say weird?!) with my favorite hammered brown rustoleum spray paint.



This room is a far cry from my dream bath:



but for a room I set foot in once a month at most, I'm pleased with it. Of course it could use a few more accesories, and I'd still like to replace the light fixture and the faucet and frame out the mirror when the right opportunity presents itself, but until then at least it's freshened up and welcoming for guests!


Love,










8 comments:

  1. Yay!! A new post. :) I was wondering what happened to you, chickie. Thanks so much for your comment. We are so happy to hear no surgery for the little one. :) I LOVED the video link you sent. Made me laugh so hard. I am saving that one to post when I go out of town this week. :) Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it :)
    My bathroom has glass doors, too, and they make the whole room feel sterile. I've been toying with the idea of hanging a curtain, but it seems like such a splurge...I should probably just do it. Did you just hang the curtain in front of the door, or did you remove the door?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Great colors and the tan really makes the white pop. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam it looks great! I love the contrast between the white and the tan too!!! It looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! You really do need to post more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am saving that one to post when I go out of town this week. :) Hope to see you again soon!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I just wanted to check in and see how you are. :) I was wondering if you were going to post now that the New Year has begun. :) I miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Velvet Curtains Panels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers